Fast, High Performance THz Detectors
We offer the fastest and high performance THz Receiver System based on the Superconducting Hot Electron Bolometer (SHEB) technology, developed by our partners at Scontel.
- Radio astronomy observations (including space-based)
- Terahertz spectroscopy
- Near-field microscopy
- All-weather navigation systems
- Atmospheric Remote Sensing
- Fusion Diagnostics
- Electron cyclotron emission and interferometry
- Terahertz imaging for security
- Laser radiation detection
- Materials Characterization
- Network Analyses
Fast receivers for THz and Mid IR ranges
The Terahertz detection systems are optimized for three frequency ranges, which cover the overall range of 0.1-100 THz. The system incorporates a MoRe/NbN Superconducting Hot-Electron Bolometer (SHEB) mounted on a silicon/germanium lens and low-noise cryogenically cooled high electron mobility field-effect transistors (HEMT) amplifier.
All detectors come with one of fully packed cooling system either using a liquid helium cryostat or a closed cycle refrigerator.